Calgary is the perfect city to explore its great outdoors. You might want to visit it either in the winter or summer since there are plenty of things to see and do. You will find fantastic winter and summer adventures! from skiing and snowboarding to dogsledding and hot springs in the winter, to enjoying its great energy in the spring and summer!
If you’re an outdoor lover, we’re sure you never get bored during your business stay in this great city. Just come out of your furnished apartment in rent at Calgary and enjoy the different outdoor activities it has to offer each day.
You can enjoy the different outdoor activities in Calgary city.
How to get fun in winter?
There’s nothing quite like the province of Alberta in the winter under a blanket of snow. Calgary is situated in the south of the province at the confluence of the Bow River and the Elbow River, it transforms into a winter wonderland, creating the perfect landscape for fun winter adventures.
Usually the average temperature in Calgary during winter is between -5 to -10°C. Therefore, is the perfect place to experience ice skating on a frozen lake, hiking to see frozen waterfalls, or playing in the snow in the Alberta Rockies.
In winter the temperature in Calgary is perfect to ice skating on a frozen lake
- First, let yourself be drawn in by the mountainous landscapes of the Rockies, which become even more beautiful in the wintertime.
- Then try the best cross-country skiing in the Rocky Mountains. There are countless trails with different levels of difficulty where you will find a lot of fun.
- At the University of Calgary Outdoor Centre you can rent ski and snowboard gear items to experience the adventure like a real skier and snowboarder.
- Or you can also try one of the several cross-country skiing tracks available in the city such as:
- Don’t miss Canmore Winter Carnival on the last days of February. It’s filled with fun family activities such as games, crafts and outdoor theatre featuring cartoon movies.
- Also, explore Alberta’s wildlife and natural spaces. Each first Friday of the month there are investigation activities and stations to discover how wildlife has adapted to city life.
You can explore Alberta’s wildlife and natural spaces.
What to do in summer and spring?
You might have heard Calgary is a chilly destination, but summer and spring is full of outdoor activities, events, festivals and adventures that you can experience while enjoying the amazing weather that never get too hot.
Taken from A Dangerous Business
Here are some of the things you must try:
- Take a trip down the Bow River or Elbow River. You can rent kayaks and make your way down the river.
- Admire a panoramic view of Calgary’s skyline a 190.8 meters foot-drop from the Calgary Tower. The cost per adults is CAD $9.00 to $18.00, and it’s open from 9:00a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Spend an afternoon trying mountain biking at Calgary Olympic Park. In the summer the park offers a host of buzz-worthy activities. There you can rent a bike, and lessons are also available.
- Discover Kananaskis Country on a horseback ride, just of 86 km west of your fully furnished long term rental apartment in Calgary you find this system of parks characterized by crystal waterways and impressive mountain landscapes.
- Try out river surfing in the city. Under the 10th Street Bridge, Calgary has its own wave in the Bow River that is perfect for river surfing. You can take lessons from Outlier, a local company.
- You can also attend some of the most popular summer festivals. The city love festivals specially design for each and every one of you. The list includes:
- 420 Music & Arts Festival (April)
- Sled Island Music & Arts Festival (June)
- Fiestaval Latin American festival (July)
- Calgary International Blue Festival (July/August)
- Calgary Fringe Festival (August)
- Taste of Calgary (August)
Taken from Visit Calgary
Calgary has a wide variety of outdoor activities for every season. It’s always a good time to visit the city and enjoy a terrific work and play trip, especially when you find the best accommodation in Canada.
In Corporate Stays, we have the perfect options for you: Apartments for short term rent. Stay at Underwood building, where you can enjoy the sunrise amidst incredible Calgary views from 9’ floor-to-ceiling apartment windows.
Or stay at Lido building, located in the highly desirable and walkable Kensington District just seconds away from the Bow River and downtown Calgary’s west end. Let Corporate Team make your stay in Calgary the most enjoyable!