Corporate Stays is dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personally identifiable information. We respect your privacy and we use our customer’s information in a responsible manner, we are committed to adhering to the principles of applicable data protection and privacy laws.
The following Privacy Statement explains and outlines the information we collect, our methods of using it, and how handling this information will enhance your experience on our websites and services.
What personal information do we collect?
Corporate Stays does not collect personally identifiable information when you browse the website unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide such information to us. In other words we won’t know your name, email address, or any other personally identifiable information simply because you browsed the Corporate Stays websites unless you access the website from a link in an email that we sent;
When we do need to collect personally identifiable information from you, we will ask you, your employer, your relocation company or travel agency to voluntarily supply us with the information we need. For example, if you would like to make a reservation at one of our properties, we will ask you for information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and room preference to process your reservation. We may collect this information directly from you by telephone, fax, email, at the counter, upon completion of an application or enrolment form, or through your use of our websites.
Information may also be collected as part of:
(i) fulfilling reservation or information requests,
(ii) registering for Corporate Stays program membership,
(iii) submitting a job application,
(iv) submitting a credit application, or
(v) responding to communications from us (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations),
(vi) registering for, or responding to a subscription request for our newsletter. We endeavour to collect information only with your knowledge and with your permission if necessary.
Type of personal information we collect
The type of personal information that we collect may include your name, home, work and email addresses, telephone and fax numbers, credit card information, gender, date of birth, and other information necessary to fulfill special requests, (including, but not limited to: room preferences and health conditions that require special accommodations.)
Corporate Stays may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you, such as your use of our website, communication preferences, travel habits, aggregated data relative to your stay, and responses to promotional offers and surveys.
You may be offered the choice not to submit your personal information or to decide what communications you want to receive from us. However, doing so may cause certain transactions to become affected. For example, failure to provide your name will prevent the processing of reservations.
How do we use your personal information?
Corporate Stays will never sell your information to third parties or allow its use in any manner except with the purpose to ensure the business relationship that you wish to establish with us.
To Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing
- To send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about Airbnb or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google).
- Conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with the Airbnb Platform, information obtained from third parties, and your search and booking history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you.
- For quality assurance purposes.
- To solicit a review from you.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we only process your Personal Information based on a valid legal ground, including when:
- You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example for marketing purposes or to track your online activities via cookies and similar technologies.
- We need your Personal Information to provide you with our Services, for example for account registration and management or to respond to your inquiries.
- We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations, or anti-terrorism laws.
- We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services.
- We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
How we share your personal information
We may disclose your information to others with that purpose in the following ways:
- when we have received your consent to do so;
- when we communicate with employers, relocation companies, travel agencies, companies or organizations, who have made reservations, agreed to make payments, arranged for discounts, or purchased services on your behalf or if you use our services under a corporate or another commercial account;
- if you seek to have your rental charges invoiced to your employer or any other third party, processing invoices;
- when we report to credit card issuers, credit reporting and fraud-checking agencies and debt collection agencies;
- if you choose to do business with us through, or with the assistance of, your employer’s or any third party’s travel agent, relocation company or another intermediary, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to the employer or other intermediary to make, modify or cancel a reservation made by or with the assistance of the agent, to respond to questions or comments made by the agent on your behalf, to facilitate any other task that the employer or intermediary advises us that you intend for the agent to fulfill, or that such an agent would, as a matter of industry practice, typically fulfill;
- in situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer you services you desire;when companies or service providers that perform business activities on behalf of Corporate Stays require such information (e.g., credit card processing, customer support services, market research administration or database management services);
- when a housing complex or other property leaves the Corporate Stays system and access to your personally identifiable information is necessary to facilitate business operations or meet contractual obligation;in the event Corporate Stays is merged with or acquired by another company;
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law or court order, and otherwise as we believe is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or another governmental request, to operate our website properly, or to protect or defend our rights or the rights or well-being of our employees, users or others or if you are involved (or are suspected by governmental authorities or our security functions to be involved) in any illegal activity, even without a subpoena, warrant or court order; or
- in case of emergencies such as to safeguard the life, health, or property of an individual.with your consent we may post your testimonial on the Site along with your name. If you would like your testimonial removed please contact us.
If information is shared as mentioned above, we will limit the scope of information that is furnished to the amount necessary for the performance of the specific function. We may confirm personal information you provide us on applications and forms, or as a resident of one of our communities, with third parties, such as your bank, employer, present mortgage company or landlord, utility providers, government entities, credit agencies, and other businesses where you have an account or a credit card. Unless otherwise precluded by legal process, we require third parties to protect your personally identifiable information and abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Use of email
We will use your email address to send a confirmation and, if necessary, might use the other information to contact you for help in processing the reservation. We will also use your email address to:
- send you pre-arrival confirmation details;
- notify you about special offers and promotions;
- send you copies of your bills when you request them; and
- send you periodic satisfaction or market research surveys.
As part of our commitment to keep you up to date and informed we may contact you via mail, email, telephone, or by other means to confirm your departure date, ensure your customer satisfaction, notify you of new Corporate Stays products and services, or upcoming Corporate Stays special offers, events, enhancements, or other relevant information that may be of interest to you, including information about Corporate Stays’ brands (Corporate Stays, Montreal Stays, MyStudioMontreal, Ottawa Stays or Casa Suarez) . You may also receive mailings or other communications from carefully selected partners, such as our referral partners or our customer satisfaction surveyors. We may offer you the option to decline any or all of these communications by following the directions included in our emails or other communications, or by contacting Corporate Stays directly.
Corporate Stays strives to keep all our customers and visitors informed and equally able to take advantage of the benefits offered by Corporate Stays and its strategic marketing partners. However, if you reside outside of Canada, certain data privacy regulations may require us to obtain your permission before we send you information that you have not requested from us.
In some cases your permission will be implied from the nature of the service requested or transaction undertaken. For example, Corporate Stays may collect and use personally identifiable information that you volunteer, or behavioural data or information collected in the aggregate. In addition, your permission will be deemed given for communications from us that are necessary to fulfil transactions and services that you request.
Data Transfers Across International Borders
The nature of our business and our operations may require us to transfer your information, including personally identifiable information, to other group companies, properties, centres of operations, data centres, partners, or service providers that may be located in countries outside of your own. Although the data protection and other laws of these various countries may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country, Corporate Stays will take appropriate steps to ensure that your personally identifiable information is protected and handled as described in this Privacy Statement.
It is Corporate Stays’ intent and one of our missions to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date for the purposes for which it is used. You can help us ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate and complete: you can contact us with the request to correct, update, delete or deactivate it by contacting us by email, telephone, or postal mail at the contact information listed below. Please provide your full name and street address and telephone number on your request. To update or change your information or to opt-out of receiving marketing material: Follow directions on a marketing e-mail or direct mail communication from us, or call 1.514.277.6464, or send an email with your current contact information to [email protected].
Corporate Stays will take reasonable steps to implement your request to opt out. However, please note that due to production and mailing timelines, it may take approximately six weeks to make the requested change and, until that change takes effect, you may still receive promotional information from us.
Although we will make no more marketing use of information you have asked to be deleted, occasionally, information that you request to be removed will be retained in certain files for a period of time in order to properly resolve disputes or to troubleshoot problems. In addition, some types of information may be stored indefinitely on: back up systems, or within log files due to technical constraints, or for financial or legal requirements.
Corporate Stays recognizes the importance of information security, and is constantly reviewing and enhancing all technical, physical, and logical security rules and procedures. Once information reaches Corporate Stays, it is stored on a secure server that resides behind firewalls designed to block unauthorized access from outside of Corporate Stays. All Corporate Stays owned websites and servers have security measures in place to help protect your personally identifiable information against loss, misuse, and alteration while under our control. Although guaranteed security does not exist, either on or off the internet, we safeguard your information using both procedural and technical safeguards, including VeriSign Secure Server ID. The use of VeriSign’s services allows for the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption method used to help protect your data from interception and hacking while in transit.
Cookies are designed to save you time because they help us provide a customized experience tailored just for you without having to remind us of your preferences each time you return to our websites. Corporate Stays cookies are not designed to damage your files, nor can they read information from other files on your computer hard drive.
Cookies also help us provide a personalized online experience in the following ways:
- they remember your username and password for future visits so log-in is easier and faster
- they ensure you are provided with the appropriate frames and content
- they ensure you obtain all requested information
- they help us deliver communications that are relevant and responsive to your interests and location.
Corporate Stays cookies are limited to our websites only, and are not designed to follow you when travelling on the Internet after leaving Corporate Stays’ websites. We track the usage of our websites in order to better meet your needs and to help make it easier for you to find information in the future. Please note that in addition to Corporate Stays cookies, various third parties may also place cookies on your computer’s hard drive. Corporate Stays is not responsible for the presence or absence of third party cookies, or for the technological capabilities or practices employed by third parties in connection with third party cookies.
If you would prefer not to have the benefits of cookies, your internet browser or other third party software on your workstation can be adjusted to treat cookies in various ways. Depending on the type of browser you use, you may be able to configure it so that: (i) you are prompted to accept or reject cookies on an individual basis; or (ii) you may be able to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. You should refer to the supplier or manufacturer of your Web browser for specific details about cookie security. However, you should also understand that rejecting cookies might affect your ability to perform certain transactions on our websites and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
Links to other websites
In order to anticipate your needs, Corporate Stays provides links to other websites for your convenience and information. Corporate Stays is not responsible or liable for any content presented by or contained within any independent website, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices. Please note that while Corporate Stays will protect your information on Corporate Stays owned and operated websites, we cannot control and will not be responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites, including websites owned or controlled by independent franchisees or third party owners of residence properties that may use the name of Corporate Stays brand, or websites not controlled or authorized by Corporate Stays. Third party websites that are accessed through links on our websites have separate privacy and data collection practices, and security measures. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented by third parties on their websites. We recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked websites to understand how those websites collect, use and store information.
Your rights and choices
If you are located in the EEA, you are entitled to reach out to us via the contact details in this Policy and ask us for an overview of your Personal Information or ask for a copy. In addition, you may request us to update and correct inaccuracies, delete your Personal Information, restrict processing of your Personal Information, or exercise your right to data portability and to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In some cases, you may object to the processing of your Personal Information and where we have asked you for your consent to process your Personal Information, you can withdraw it at any time. We always enjoy hearing from you and appreciate your business. Should you nonetheless have unresolved concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your residence, place of work or where the incident took place.
Because we’re always developing and improving standards of services we provide to you, this Policy may change over time. We will post the new Policy online and we will change the “Last Updated” date. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. If any modifications materially change your rights, we will provide notice on the Site or we will notify you by email.