It’s that time of the year to enjoy mother nature’s transition from greenery to golden colours. Fall is the season of outdoor activities and thankfully there are many COVID friendly things to do in Canada to celebrate fall.
Hike at a National Park
Canada currently has 48 national parks and national park reserves across the country. With thousands of lakes, rivers, mountain peaks and overall stunning landscapes – Canada’s national parks will have you at awe, especially during the fall. Here are our top 5:
- Banff National Park – Alberta
- La Mauricie – Quebec
- Cape Breton Highlands National Park – Nova Scotia
- Pacific Rim National Park Reserve, British Columbia
- Thousand Islands National Park – Ontario
Want to discover other places in Canada to see the best foliage? Check out this list here.
Canada is big on cider making, with a total of 155 cider producers. To check the full list of cider makers follow this link. Many of these producers offer cider tours and tastings as well, which make the perfect fall activity!
- Ginger Apple Cider, Lonetree Cider Co. – Vancouver, British Columbia
- Apple & Cherry Cider, Collective Arts Brewing – Hamilton, Ontario
- Rosé Crackling Cider, Cidrerie & Vergers St-Nicolas -Saint-Nicolas, Quebec
- Bulwark Gold, Bulwark Cider – New Ross, Nova Scotia
Wander Through A Corn Maze
Fall is the season of harvest, so why not make it extra fun and get lost in a corn maze?
- Pingle’s Farm Market — Hampton, Ontario
- Chilliwack Corn Maze — Chilliwack, British Columbia
- Verger Labonté – Notre-Dame-de-l’Île-Perrot, Quebec
- Calgary Farmyard / Calgary Corn Maze – Rocky View County, Alberta
- Pendray’s Corn Maze — North Saanich, British Columbia
Go Horseback Riding
There are many horse riding trails across Canada to enjoy! Seeking for a more adventurous activity? Hop on a horse and admire falls’ ultimate warm colours.
- Boundary Ranch – Kananaskis, Alberta
- Birkenhead Lake National Park – British Columbia
- Mont Tremblant – Quebec
- Fallbrook Trail Ranch – Halton, Ontario
DIY Fall Themed Home Decor
If you really want to socially distance yourself, fall craft activities are the way to go. Grab some of mother nature’s gifts from outside and put together some fall themed decor for your home. Need some ideas?
- Cinnamon Pinecones
- Glitter Glam Pumpkins
- Leaf Mason Jar Candle Holder
- Lighted Twigs
- Leaf Art
- Wood Coasters
- Glitter Acorns
Everything Pumpkin Related
Pumpkin this, pumpkin that. Take full advantage of pumpkin spice and everything nice.
- Visit a pumpkin farm
- Make pumpkin soup
- Bake pumpkin goodies
- Carve a pumpkin
- Make a pumpkin spice latte
What are your favourite fall activities? Tag us and share them via Instagram to receive a 10% on your stay!
September Feature Properties
Underwood – Calgary
The Met – Ottawa
Pinnacle – Toronto
View All September Feature Properties