It’s been over a year since Canada closed its doors to the rest of the world for non essential travel. But the wait is finally over! As of September 7th 12:01 AM (EST), Canada opened borders to foreign nationals who received a vaccine approved by the Government of Canada. In addition, these travellers need to present a negative COVID-19 test. The following vaccines have been approved by Health Canada to date: Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca. Foreign Nationals will be exempt from the 14 day quarantine if they qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption. Here’s what you need to know in regards to Canada easing travel rules for international travellers.
Entry Requirements For Foreign Nationals
Oh Canada! We have finally opened borders, however there is still a list of entry requirements to follow. In order to enter Canada, international travellers must have received a full series or combination of vaccines, at least 14 days prior to entering Canada. Furthermore, any travellers ages 5 and up must submit a negative COVID-19 test taken 72 hours before boarding a plane. The new travel regulations will exempt international travellers from the 14 day quarantine. Nonetheless, some selected foreigners may be subject to testing upon arrival in Canada. Please note up to date, Canada still has a ban on all direct flights from India until Sept. 21st, 2021.
As per the official Government of Canada’s website, to qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption, you must:
- be eligible to enter Canada on the specific date you enter
- show no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines
- received your last dose at least 14 days prior to the day you enter Canada
- Example: if your last dose was anytime on Wednesday September 1st, then Thursday September 16th would be the first day that you meet the 14 day condition
- upload your proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN in English or French
- provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test (antigen tests are not accepted)
If you qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption you are exempt from:
- hotel stopover (for air travellers)
- day-8 testing requirement
Vaccines accepted in Canada
- Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
- Moderna (mRNA-1273)
- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
Vaccines not accepted in Canada
- Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)
- Cansino (Convidecia, Ad5-nCoV)
- Gamalaya (Sputnik V, Gam-Covid-Vac)
- Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV, Sinopharm-Wuhan)
- Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)
- Vector Institute (EpiVacCorona)
Prior to entering Canada you must submit you personal information and proof of vaccination via ArriveCAN. Download the mobile application or creating an account online. ArriveCAN is intended for us by incoming travellers to Canada whether they are entering by air, land or marine. Complete the ArriveCAN form 72 hours prior to your arrival, which includes flight and personal details. Please note, your proof of vaccination must be submitted in either English, French or a certified translation.
Children under age of 12
Children under the age of 12 and unvaccinated dependent children can enter Canada for non essential travel with a fully vaccinated parent, step-parent, tutor or guardian who is eligible to enter Canada. Their information must still be submitted via ArriveCan prior to arrival. Furthermore, they must follow all testing requirements for pre-entry, arrival and day-8 tests (unless under the age of 5.) Children under the age of 12 will be exempt from quarantine as long as they follow the public health requirements. For additional information you may view the official Canadian government handout for unvaccinated children under the age of 12.
Why rent an apartment with Corporate Stays?
As Canada’s largest corporate housing provider, we have a variety of apartments for rent to choose from. Undoubtedly, our executive suites are professionally cleaned, spacious and designed with comfort in mind. In addition, our Signature Collection properties are situated in prime locations of every city. On top of that to compliment your stay, we also offer a variety of guest services. For example, car rental, grocery delivery and housekeeping services. By choosing Corporate Stays you are guaranteed:
- Fully furnished
- Multiple units
- Equipped kitchen
- In suite laundry
- High Speed Wifi
- Pet friendly options
- Prime locations
- Clean and sanitized apartments
- 24/7 support
- Guest services
Corporate Stays welcomes both business and leisure travellers. Whether you’re looking for a long or short term stay, our team is here to assist. As a welcome back gesture, ALL OF OUR INTERNATIONAL GUESTS WILL RECEIVE 10% OFF their next booking. Terms and conditions apply. Contact us today to inquire about your booking!